Monday, February 1, 2016

February 1, 2016 Ode to Warm Springs Part II

Hey Everyone!
I'm getting transferred to North Las Vegas tomorrow. I'm going to be serving in the El Rancho Spanish Ward! That's where I started my mission so I'm excited to go back and serve there again! My companion is going to be Elder Smith. He's been out almost as long as me and he's from Washington DC (Vienna, VA to be exact). He's pretty much the same person as my cousin Christian Clark so it's going to be a lot of fun!

On Saturday, Kaleb got baptized! A few months ago, Elder Thorne and I went to prosball at Sunset park. Kaleb and his brother were there and we beat them in a little 2 on 2 pickup game and then shared the lesson of the Restoration with them. They didn't live in our area so we passed them over to Elder Sawyer and Chambers who were assigned to Kaleb's area. So they started teaching Kaleb more and he progressed really quickly and was baptized on Saturday!
Kaleb's Baptism
Me, Elder Chambers, Kaleb's brother, Kaleb, Elder Thorne & Elder Sawyer
After staying put for the last five transfers, it's time for me to leave Warm Springs again. Throughout my mission, I've served in 4 different wards here in the Warm Springs Stake for a total of about 1 year. What a great experience it has been!  I'm so grateful to have been able to have had the opportunity to serve around the amazing members here that understand what it means to be consecrated and how to best help the missionary work here. I'm also grateful to be have been able to serve so closely with President and Sister Snow and for all that they've
taught me! And of course, I'm super blessed to have had the opportunity to serve with Elder Thorne these past 2 transfers. He has taught me a ton and also helped me get back into shape :) But, I'm also super excited for the future and the opportunity I have to serve back in the North! We're going to be #Number1North and break some records! Let's go to work!

Elder Isaac Faldmo

No comments:

Post a Comment