Monday, February 22, 2016

February 22, 2016 Somos gabachos‏

I had a super fun and busy and crazy week, especially Saturday.  So I started Saturday with my
long, lost friend Dustin Marsden who was down from Idaho with his sales team took us to breakfast. 
Me & Dustin... not really smilin' --see end of letter

Then after that, I was able to go to the temple for Makay's endowment session!
I'm grateful to serve in a mission where you can stay close to all of your converts! It was a really cool experience and she deserves all of the blessings she got! President Snow also came to it and I was sitting with him in the chapel in the temple before the session started and he told me that in July 2017, there will be a 3rd mission opened in Las Vegas! I'm super pumped! That was what we all wanted to do when we got here and it is going to happen now!

Then later that day I was able to go back to my last area for Jason's baptism! He was someone Elder Chambers and I found on exchanges a little over a month ago and he's one of those people who is just ready for the gospel and he accepted it right away. He's going into the military and so there were lots of people from  of his unit and some of his officers that were at the baptism. Naturally, one of the songs was "Onward Christian Soldiers."
Jason in the white shirt... 


Our district volunteered at three square food bank this week!
This weekend was stake conference and Elder Palmer of the 70 came to speak. North Stake is exploding right now. The zone broke the mission record for new investigators last week and then we broke our own record this week! The people here are so prepared! The Lord is blessing us hard core right now and everyone is working really hard.

I was able to reunite with Elder Thorne on Tuesday! He came to my area for exchanges and it was good to be with him for the day. He's finally made his decision and is going to try and walk on at the Y for football!
Elder Thorne & I on exchanges in front of the Loveshack!

So I got this weird disease this week that we think is Bell's Palsy. I'm kinda paralyzed on the right side of my face. It's actually been a blessing because it's helped my accent a lot for Spanish! I think It's starting to fade away... but I'm going to see a PA on Thursday just to make sure everything's ok.
"Handing out so many Book of Mormons, we need a new case
My right face can't move, call it 2 face" -Drake
"Rapping for me is like performing surgery, 
I don't want you to see me when I get my hands dirty 
but I want you to see the final product."
-Elder Smith
Love you all!

Elder Faldmo

No comments:

Post a Comment