Sunday, November 15, 2015

November 2, 2015 So happy for Melisa!

Melisa got baptized this week! 

It was one of the most spiritual baptism programs that I've been to on my mission. Her little sister Kelliany gave a prayer and Melisa shared her testimony at the end it and was pretty dang cool. Our gospel principles teacher, Brother Lata, baptized her and also, her baby she had about a month ago was blessed right after she was confirmed on Sunday!

Week 6 of the transfer starts today! It's going to be a little difficult to figure out transfers because during next transfer, there's going to be a new stake formed in Henderson! There's going to be some changes, but good changes! Las Vegas' wards and stakes are growing more and more week by week. This is what it's all about!

On Tuesday we had our ward's Trunk-or-Treat and the Bermuda Ward is nuts. There was a 10 year old DJ for it from the Ward and it was the first time I have been at a church function with strobe lights, smoke machines, and Drake playing. We had a lot of investigators there so hopefully they didn't get too scared.

President Snow doesn't want the missionaries out on the streets on Halloween so in the evening everyone came for a mission get together and we watched The Cokeville Miracle and every zone had to do a skit about the "worst member present lesson." Anyways it was cool, I got to see Thorne, Chambers, Wasden, the whole gang. So I guess I was with Elder Thorne the same time Abby was hanging out with his sister in Provo on Saturday.

The sports anchor for the news here is LDS did a story on Elder Chambers who's going to play football for BYU after his mission. It was really good publicity for the church and us missionaries. President Snow showed us all the video on Saturday. Here's the link! 
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Love you guys!

Elder Faldmo 

No comments:

Post a Comment