Monday, September 14, 2015

September 14, 2015 Moroni 9:6

This week was pretty fast paced and a lot of fun! 

This week was the Mission Presidents' Conference for all of the mission presidents in the Southwest Area of the U.S. Elder Sawyer and I picked up all of them and their wives up Thursday morning and took them to their hotel and then took them back to the airport on Sunday. It was the first time on my mission I didn't go to all of church because we had to leave after sacrament to get them so I felt pretty weird. I met Elder Matt Gay's mission president, President Mortensen,
and his wife and I got a picture with her and she sent it to Elder Gay haha. Also, their daughter is in Abby's Ward and friends with her at BYU. Also, Elder Foster, Corbridge, and Robbins of the Seventy came too! On the way to their hotel we passed the Thomas and Mack Center! It brought back memories of a few years ago when Dad, Abby, Will, and I came here for BYU's conference tournament. It was a lot of fun to meet all of the mission presidents but let's be honest, we got the best here with President D. Jack Snow and Sister Peggy Snow! :)



 We had 3 exchanges this week. For one of them I went to my last area in the Black Mountain Stake and for another one I went down to Kingman, Arizona. Kingman is like another mission down there. It's such a different culture, the first lesson we had was at this house in
the country with horses and cows outside I felt like I was back in the Midwest! Everyone is so nice there it was crazy! Also it was the first time on my mission that we had a lesson at "Land Plot #41" and a dinner "right by Mile Marker 7" 
Here is is HURST FAM... The ACE in Kingman:)

 That family I was talking about last week, the Gideons, are still doing great! They have an older sister who just moved in this week too! She's 22 and really interested in the church. She's due to have her baby at the end of this month. The oldest brother Xavier and their mom had to work, but the 4 others came to church and loved it! There is 3 daughters, who are 22, 15, and 14 and 2 sons who are 18 and 10. Jake Summers, who got baptized last Saturday has been a huge
fellowshipper for them. He comes out with us all the time now to lessons and got the Priesthood this Sunday! I love that guy so much! 
Here she is... one of the greatest ladies you'll meet!  Leona!
Our girl Leona got baptized on Saturday! She might be the most funny lady I have met. She has gone through a lot in her life and she is so grateful to be a member now. She found the church after walking into church about a month and a half ago after praying and telling God that
she was going back to a church and stopping at the first one she sees and ours was the first one!

Really though, there's nothing better than serving a mission! I love it here so much and like I've said before, I've never been happier! I'm learning more and more everyday. This is the truth, nothing else to it.
#NLVM #Win4Taysom

Elder Faldmo

No comments:

Post a Comment