Monday, September 14, 2015

August 25, 2015 Happy Transfer Week

Hi Friends and Family,
First off Happy Birthday to my beautiful brown eyed sister Maggie! I hope 13 treats you well :)
Sorry for not writing last week! It was transfer week so very busy. We had 16 missionaries go home and 25 come in! Only 1 from Iowa though, Sister Campbell. Her dad came to our seminary class once a couple years ago at the Hemmingsen's. He works for the Seminary
department for the church. We had a ton come in from Idaho (one from
Shelly who knows Dustin Marsden!) The hardest thing about transfer week is running on low sleep.
Wednesday we got up at 3 AM to take missionaries to the airport and didn't get to sleep till around 11 or 12 that night! It was fun though I loved every bit of it! It was a little tough too cause a lot of missionaries in the group that just went home had a huge impact on my
mission. (elder brown, Norton, Perrins, Carroll, etc.) 




I just love working so much! This past week especially, we don't get a ton of time to proselyte so it's so relaxing when we do have those few hours during the day to find and teach and prepare people to baptism.

Jorge and Jennifer got baptized on Saturday! 

We love Jorge and Jennifer!

They are going to be some solid members of the church! Also, their son Angel is 7 and turns 8 in November so Jorge will get to baptize his son. He's getting the Priesthood this Sunday. The thing that really turned for Jorge and his
conversion was his willingness to keep the Sabbath Day holy. One Sunday about a month and a half ago, he was at work on Sunday and told his boss, "I can't do this anymore I need to be at church so that's where I'm going to go." and then he left work and came to the last hour of church in his work clothes. His boss still let him keep his job and gave him Sundays off after that. Also, because of that, our Ward Mission Leader who works on Sundays after church told his boss
that he needs Sundays off to be with his family and go to church and
his boss gave him Sundays off too. Pretty neat stuff! 

School started this week for all of the kids here so Sunday night, Elder Sawyer and I gave blessings to all of the kids that we are teaching and any homes that didn't have the priesthood so every kid could have that blessing before school started! I know my dads blessing to me before school started helped me out a ton! Love you Dad! 
 Love you all! 
Keep working hard! 
 Elder Faldmo

Went for a walk with Jorge and Jennifer Garcia family around the temple... they have their eyes on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment