Monday, March 9, 2015

ESPANOL March 9, 2015

Hello friends!
I'm back to my Spanish roots, drinking horchata like every day, eating only spicy food (porque si no pica no sabe), telling people that I'm from Parangaricutirimicuaro, and todo eso. 

My companion's name is Elder Felix. He was born in Sinaloa but moved to Chihuahua in the Mormon Colonies of Mexico when he was a kid.  It's a blessing to have a native speaker as a companion for sure.  He came out with me but he only went to the MTC in Provo for 2 weeks so he will go home a transfer after me. 

me and elder felix in the middle


Our area is pretty big since it covers about half of the Central Stake.  The other Elders in our ward cover the east part by the temple and we cover the more ghetto part on the east side.  It borders my first area, the El Rancho ward.  Our ward is Monte Bello.  It starts at 9 AM and the daylight savings time took a toll on the ward.  When sacrament started there was about 20 people there including the 4 missionaries so….  after the opening song a flood of people came in.  There are a ton of priests so they always come out with us. 

It's official now that Elder Faldmo's favorite food is Mexican food and also pupusas.  I could live on tacos, pupusas, and horchata the rest of my life.  It's like I get La Jua's but 10x better every night for dinner.

I had my first baptism interview this week and it was all in Spanish so that was fun.  But really, it was one of the coolest experiences ever... seeing someone tell you in their interview that they want to use the atonement in their lives and follow Jesus Christ. 

We have an artificial tuft soccer field right across the street from my apartment and so that is being used well by the missionaries in our stake.  Call me Chicharito!

vivian: 

All smiles for Vivian's baptism on Saturday!! She was a joy to teach and she couldn't stop smiling after she came out of the water.  Such a cool experience.  She started with no background with God at all but she had the desire to know and so the Spirit taught her!  The reason she said she wanted to know more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is because her next door neighbors, the Shupes (bro. shupe baptized her), were always nice to her and one Sunday when she saw the Shupes going to church she asked them, "Where do you go every Sunday?" and they said "to church, you wanna come?" #membermissionarywork

My District is an all Spanish District so that's pretty neat and out ZL's are both Spanish speaking so we'll be able to do a lot of things in Spanish. 


I helped a family get their remote control airplane down from a tree.  I climbed the tree and shook it ya que estoy gordito and it dropped. they were very grateful and now we are teaching them this week.  Firemen save cats, Elders save airplanes.  


That was a hodge podge of stuff but everything is great here in Monte Bello! Vamos a encontrar, ensenar, y bautizar.

Love you all!

Elder Faldmo

No comments:

Post a Comment