Tuesday, August 11, 2015

July 20, 2015 Brother Hemmingway, Tyler Haws, and Prepared people‏

I had another busy and exciting week!

First of all, congratulations to my cousin Kenzie Hurst for getting called to serve in Los Angeles on her mission! You're going to do awesome Kenzie!

The most exciting part of our week was probably the fact that Brother Hemmingway, the Director of Proselyting for the whole world, came and evaluated and trained our mission. On Tuesday, he took Elder Sawyer and I to Outback Steakhouse(I got a 10 oz. Sirloin if you were wondering) and then worked with us and taught with us for the rest of the night and then planned with us at the end of the night.  He taught us so much, especially about planning. Everything I learned from him will benefit me for the rest of my life with school, work, and as a disciple of Jesus Christ. He is a genius! I don't think Elder Sawyer and I totally understood how lucky we were to experience what we did until after he left. We got one of the smartest guys in the whole world in regards to missionary work to work with us for 3 days and he was teaching with us for 5 hours of those three days! Pretty cool stuff. Something I'll remember forever. 
Elder Sawyer and I doing some training the week of transfers
Role playing with our training

We found this golden family this week. The girlfriend is a member and her boyfriend isn't and when we walked in their home, one of the first things they told us was that they wanted to get sealed in the temple! We were able to teach them almost everyday this week.

Another guy we're teaching told us that he never thought before that he would go to a church but last night he said, "why didn't you guys find me earlier?" We were able to tell him that the Lord prepared him for this moment to find and accept His true church. 
It's so great when you come in contact with prepared people!

The NBA summer league is going on here in Vegas and last week some Elders got a text from a guy named Tyler Haws saying that he needs something to do and asked if he could go out with them? So while Tyler Haws' teammates were partying, he went out with the missionaries. Thanks Tyler!

Elder Sawyer and I were able to go to the temple on Friday! It was an awesome experience again to be in the house of the Lord. We are so lucky here in this mission to have a temple so close and to be able help our new members get there quickly to experience the joy that is found within the temple walls. 
Elder Sawyer with the look
Love you Fam! 


Elder Faldmo 

No comments:

Post a Comment