Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18, 2015 All White Everything


The Castellanos' Family... a future forever family here in Monte Bello 

Hey Fam,
We had stake conference yesterday and my man President Snow and his wife showed up.  I hope one day, I can have a part (in my hair) as sleek and smooth and P. Snow. We all gotta do our “part” if you know what I mean…  I asked him what hair products he uses but he said it's a secret.  Also, we had Elder Todd Hansen from the area 70 come to speak.  He's from Cedar City, Utah and he told me he loved the Hurst Ace Hardware there :)  He talked a lot in the Saturday Night Session about the Sabbath Day and how that is us sending the Lord a message. I'm so grateful for the guidance my parents gave me growing up about the importance of keeping the Sabbath Day holy so I could make the right decision when I chose to not play sports on Sunday.  I know I have been blessed spiritually and temporally for that decision.       

So, Juan, Sonia, Miguel, Gustavo, and Johnny Castellanos got baptized yesterday!!! There was a bunch of ninitos there from the ward so it was a little hectic but all in all it made for one of the best days on the mission.  Juan, the father, is a champ and shared his testimony at the end of the baptism too.  Their family is pointed to the temple now! #ForeverFamilies They were sort of the golden investigators.  We showed up in their neighborhood at just the right time and they were outside and we started talking to them and they let us right in and we taught the Restoration to them.  Then the next day, they came to walk around the temple with us and they have been going to church activities, reading the Book of Mormon, and attending church since then.  

Abby! Congrats on graduation and your recital sister!  I love youuuuuuu!!!

S/O to Talli and Jeremy Poulsen for taking me and Elder Felix to lunch this week!! I hope you liked the pupusas! 

I also wanna give a special shoutout to the guy who yelled at us on the street this week saying, "YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT!"  and some other choice words too.  It helped me reevaluate my mission and why I am actually out here.  I came to the conclusion that that guy is absolutely right I don't have to be doing this! But, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and I love Him so this is what I need and want to do. "Shall we not go on in such great a cause?" -Joseph Smith

            “Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.”

I love being able to grow everyday myself and help others grow too on my mission!

Love,

Elder Faldmo

No comments:

Post a Comment