Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014 misionguerros



What's up my people?? Happy Thanksgiving!! I am grateful for all of you!
We had our first baptism here for Elder Walker and I in the Las Palmas Ward.  It was the wife of a member. Her name is Stephanie McArthur. She was a pretty golden investigator.  She grew up in Wyoming with a town of 60% LDS and always said to her boyfriend and now husband that she needed to wait.  Well she was finally ready and her husband baptized her! All of the missionaries came back that taught her and it was great. (see pics)
every missionary that has been involved with teaching Stephanie McArthur
 we are teaching this awesome guy named Shawn. He is 18 and a senior in HS (see pics).  He loves being taught by us.  Last time we left he said, "thank you so much for sharing this knowledge with me!" He just randomly showed up in a different ward one day because he was looking for a church and the missionaries there referred him to us.  He is the most humble, nicest guy.  He is getting baptized in December!

my man shawn
I was reading in Alma this week in the Book of Mormon in my personal study and I love 5:26 where Alma asks the people after have been in the church for a while and everything seems to be going good, "Can ye feel so now?"  It made me think to myself and reevaluate myself.  Am I constantly thinking the thoughts, saying the words, and doing the things so that we still can "feel so now" and always be close to God?  We need to constantly be having spiritual experiences and they won't just fall right into our path, we have to work for them.
In District Council this week we had an awesome discussion on "Sustainership."  It's something President Snow has been pushing with our mission, to sustain all of our leaders.  This is a life-long skill that we all need to learn. We have to always remember that leaders are inspired.  We can't let ourselves get offended or not think something is wrong with our leaders.  We are all imperfect humans and have to realize that.  We also talked about in the last days, we will have to defend the not only the modern day prophet but also Joseph Smith.  I talk to at least one person on the street a day that cusses us out or is rude because of some false thing they have read about Joseph Smith.  We also talked about why it is easier to sustain President Snow than other leaders.  We came to the conclusion that it's because our mission president, President Snow, is consistent with his character and that people sustained Christ because he was the perfect example of consistent, perfect character.  Consistency is a Christ-like attribute that we all need to try and attain in whatever thing we are doing, spiritually or temporally.  
the warm spring early morning sports crew
The nephew of the great Craig Booth, Randy Booth gave a talk with his wife in sacrament meeting in the Silverado Ward.  Let's reminisce back to the last time we heard a Booth speak, which would be at Grandpa Ross’ funeral.  Booth was going on and on which is something that Grandpa Ross would not have liked and so that's when Great-Grandma Terry pipes in with a "This guy's putting me to sleep!"  Well Craig’s nephew’s talk was very funny and didn't put me to sleep.  Since they are new in the ward he told the story of how they met. Here are some funny quotes from his talk...
"Well Thanksgiving is the only holiday I haven't spoke on so if there was a Pokemon of sacrament meeting talks I would have caught them all."
"I first met my wife at a young-single adult activity cliff jumping at Lake Mead. She was the cutest girl there.  This happened to just be when I finished the whole P90X workout so it was pretty much game over when I took my shirt off."
"I did some flips off the cliff but I lost count of how many while I was in the air."
"After, she asked me to marry her but we went on a couple dates first."
"all of that was true except I asked her on a date"

The Las Palmas sacrament meeting was all about music and of course they had a violin trio play "I know that my Redeemer Lives" and I lost it.  I could feel the Savior right there with me, serving a mission along side of me.  On a mission you have a special opportunity to have experiences like that where you know without a doubt that this is His work.  I know Jesus Christ is our Redeemer and knows each one of us personally.  He wants the absolute best for us which we CAN have by living His gospel as conspicuously as possible. 

ps Abby practice your violin.
I love you friends and family! you guys are amazing and I am thankful for the support I receive on my mission and all of the prayers I receive.  I am most grateful for the knowledge that the truth has been restored again to this earth. 
 
Love,
Elder Faldmo









No comments:

Post a Comment